Monday, April 6, 2009

First Days At Home

So things around here have been very laid back... we now hand out cookies to whoever wants them...No need to hide in the pantry anymore... it's a free for all! Love that cheek full of cookie!

Mackenzie has been the perfect mix of love and affection and indifference. She loves to kiss her baby sister and give Aubrey her pacifer (or "padi" as Mackenzie calls it) and give her bracelets to wear, but then she can go for hours without acknowledging Aubrey's existance. It's a really good mix, I'd rather her be indifferent then in her face all the time. And when she does show interest, it's always kind!
She is very into her own babies right now... here she is being pushed on the hammock by Memom. Memom was then summoned to go get her babies and when she came back with her babies, Mackenzie then summoned her juice... she keeps Memom on her toes!

Poppop loves his little granddaughters... he's so cute with them!

Here we are about to embark on our first family walk! We made it out to the end of our street and back... Jake is very patient with my post-partum shuffle! However, I am sitting in a chair right now and that's a big improvement from the weekend!
My mom came over today and gave Aubrey her first sponge bath. I got it on video, but it is so sad... Aubrey screamed the whole time! She doesn't like her diaper being changed, let alone being naked and getting wiped all over! I'm so glad my mom was there to do it though, I completely forget what I'm doing and Aubrey seems so tiny that I'm afraid I'd hurt her without meaning to!

I got a picture of everyone at the hospital holding Aubrey except for my mom! Man oh man!


Here's Aubrey content in her throne. She sits here a lot during the day and Mackenzie likes to bring her her Paci and a bracelet to wear... good thing Aubrey's not a boy!

Here are my girls, proudly displaying their femininity through their lovely display of jewelry! Mackenzie gave me one to wear too... she's so cute!

Now that there's a baby on the scene again, we're realizing all sorts of things we can do with Kenzie that we hadn't thought of before... like I made pizza (or "peepa" as she calls it) with her the other day and Jake made cookies with her Friday. We gave her ice cream after dinner tonight and made a big deal about how she can have ice cream cuz she's a big girl, but Aubrey is too little for ice cream. She totally got that and loved it... you could tell she felt very important sitting in her high chair with her bib and totally believing she was "big!"

So I still have to write about the delivery and everything, but I think I've sat long enough! I'll do it soon though... it was such a great experience I can't wait to write about it! I just want to say that the past 5 days have been a blur, but the best blur of my life! God really has multiplied my love... I thought I couldn't love Aubrey without taking love away from Mackenzie, but my eyes are filling with tears because my heart is overflowing with more love than I ever thought it could hold!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Julie! I so remember the first days home when our family went from 3 to 4. Some of the memories are fond...some I am glad are hazy:) Enjoy this special time with your two girls...before you know it Aubrey will be walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie- It is SO cool to read your post that said, "My girls." So precious to see Mackenzie and Aubrey wearing bracelets. So thankful that you had a great labor & delivery, and that Aubrey is healthy! What a blessing. Can't wait to meet her soon :) love, julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it all sound fun, Julie--you're an amazing mom. Hope I can be like you when I grow up, my titus 2 buddy. hee hee
    Praying for you and here if you need me for anything, mb

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!