Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mackenzie Quotes

I'm really loving all the the cute things Mackenzie is saying now... here are some more darling quotes!

"My do it myself!" - I do it myself

"Dare De Go!" - There you go

"Pips!" - Chips

"Toes ter eyes!" - Cloese your eyes

"Bushel and a Neck!" - asking me to sing "I Love You, A Bushel and a Peck"

"Isten Me!" - Listen to me

"I need Elper Chare, I elp Mommy!" - I need helper chair, I help Mommy

"I poming too!" - I'm coming too

"Hold you me!" - Hold me

"It's Meesy, Meesy!" - It's messy

"I need whips!" - I need wipes

"Pray, Amen!" - reminding us to pray at dinner

"Pray, Amen, Aubrey, Pray, Amen Aubrey no tying!!" - Pray for Aubrey so she stops crying

"On duce!" - Orange juice

"yite on!" - Light on

"It's locken" - It's locked... more like, she just can't open it and needs help

"Dude 'gain" - Do it again

"peshle mudic" - Special music... her Wee Sing CD that we listen to in the car... but the rule is we can only listen to it when Daddy isn't in the car because Daddy likes to listen to "Daddy Music" and not "Special Music"... yea, I wish I could jump on that band wagon!

We always pray after she needs a correction, we confess our sin and ask Jesus to forgive us and help us to change. Lately she's been taking over the job of praying and it sounds like this: "Dear Jesus, I run away from Mommy. Amen!" or "Dear Jesus, I hit Aubrey. Amen!" or "Dear Jesus, I no obey Mommy. Amen!" ... she is so cute... she doesn't really get that it's more than just confessing your sin, she thinks once she confesses she can just move on... we crack up at her little prayers and I'm sure they do bless her Father's heart!

One last cute story: Aubrey pooped up her back AGAIN today, this happens about once every other day, and Mackenzie wanted to help wipe up her back which was covered in poop. Fine. I let her "help" me and then proceeded to get Aubrey dressed. Well, Kenzie declared that she wanted to help me with Aubrey's clothes which I had in a big pile on the floor and I was kinda absent-minded and didn't pay attention to what she was doing. It wasn't until I picked up the poop filled clothes to go wash them that I realized the pooped smeared onesie wasn't with them. I heard the water running in the bathroom and there was my sweet little two-year-old rinsing out her sister's poopy onesie in the sink just like she's seen me do a million times. She declared, "Mommy, I helpin' you. I wash Aubrey's clothes!" It was hilarious... luckily my friend Megan was over so I had another mom to enjoy that precious moment with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!