Thursday, June 4, 2009

Matt's Wedding and The Ground Breaking Ceremony!!

My cousin, Matt, married his best friend, Katie, on Sat. They had beautiful weather and the church they got married in was so pretty! We left Kenz with Sherie so we could enjoy ourselves a little more =)

There were still some cousins who hadn't met Aubrey!! Aunt Lisa met her at Katie's shower, but had only seen her that once! She got her "Auntie" fill while we were waiting for the bride and groom!

I loved Katie's color scheme! It was all pink and green and she had the most beautiful flowers and they were everywhere! Her cake was not only gorgeous to look at, it was scrumptious to eat as well! I think it's one of the best cakes I ever tasted!
I love Aubrey's perchy little look in this picture! Four Generations!!

Matt's friend, Seth Jones, wrote this incredible song for Aunt Robin and Matt to dance too... I wish I could post the words, I'll see if Aunt Robin can get me a copy. This song was so beautiful and such a tear jerker... and I'm not the mother of a son yet! His one refrain will stick with me though, something about "little ones not being little ones that long..." He then wrote out the lyrics and printed them on top of pictures of the two of them over the years... it was so cool!

The next day our church broke ground on our long awaited building!!









I love this last picture... it's the "original" church planting team... minus some and plus all the husbands, wives, and children God has added! Looking at this picture makes me cry because I remember praying for the Baillee's to have children and God has blessed them with a very full quiver! God not only had my future husband for me over here, He also had my brother's wife and sister's husband here in NJ too! And then of course there is Kevin Hunt and Bryan Stingle and Melanie Machowski (well, Tom had to go back to PA to get her!)... all these people that are so dear to my heart that I never would have known had we never come to NJ! I didn't have much choice stay in PA as a 10-year-old (although I would have stayed if it was up to me)... but I am so grateful for how my dad listened to God's call for our family and took the brave move of planting a church over here! God has always been faithful and Sunday was one more expression of His faithfulness!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!