Monday, May 11, 2009

My Second Mother's Day

My second Mother's Day was wonderful! Last Mother's Day I was nursing and whoever would have thought I'd be nursing a new baby this Mother's Day? God is so good!

This weekend was great with the Women's Weekend at church! My dad gave a wonderful message on "Why the Church Needs Women" on Friday night followed by a great girlie game that Amy made... it was just like "Scene-It", but it was a total girlie edition! Then Aubrey and I slept over at Sherie's house with a few of our friends that night... we stayed up late talking and Aubrey did a great job sleeping through the night until 6 a.m. the next morning! We had a delicious breakfast at the Westin the next morning before hearing my mom share on "The High Calling of the Valiant Woman"... I was so encouraged by her message and also by the testimonies of the three ladies that shared after she did. I was reminded throughout my mom's message and through their testimonies that everything we go through is for a reason... this crazy season I'm in (not taht it compared at all to Maira, Jenna, or Lisa's testimonies) is bigger than just me. God is at work, not only in my own heart and in the hearts of my husband and children, but He is going to use this experience to allow me to encourage others when they experience times of transition as well. I'll be able to encourage them, as I've been encouraged by so many who have gone before me, that God is faithful! He has a plan and everything we need, He will be faithful to give. If I needed a house of my own right now (or a minivan or a husband with normal work hours) I would have it, but God knows what He is doing and it is for my good! I can't believe how far God has brought us... Jake and I experienced a lot of conflict after Mackenzie was born as we made that transition, but here we are a year and a half later with another new baby and way more transition in our lives and we are doing really well together! We're approaching everything as a team and not taking our frustration out on each other! God is so good and He is at work!

This week at church Aubrey will be dedicated... Jake is working hard to get our computer to work so hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of it! She is doing so many new things... smiling and "talking." Mackenzie continues to be a wonderful big sister! She is so kind to Aubrey... she is always giving Aubrey her "Paci" and piling books on top of her for her to "bead" (as she calls "reading"). Her favorite book right now is her big sister book, we must read that 20 times a day! Mackenzie is also very into Hannah's tea set and we have tea at least 3 times everyday... she is so kind, she always makes sure Aubrey gets some too! We just switched over all her clothes yesterday... she has so many pretty dresses, I love that I have two girls! Aubrey officially outgrew her newborn stuff and has moved into her 0-3 month clothes... it really feels like it's going so fast and I just want her to be my baby forever!

1 comment:

  1. What an encouraging post! It really spoke to me when you wrote about God knowing our needs and providing for them. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!