Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Picnic

We had a last minute Memorial Day picnic at "our" house yesterday! We had a great time playing volleyball and grilling out for the first time of the season! However, my highlight of the day was watching my friend Connie play volleyball! She is a volleyball fanatic and she said she'd play if there was no spiking. She was awesome... and she's nine months pregnant! She couldn't jump or move that fast, but she still hit more balls over the net than I did! Her team was crushing my team at one point, but then I had to leave to take care of Mackenzie and my team made a major comeback. I don' t know what's worse... the fact that the team with the nine-months-pregnant-chic was up by so much or the fact that my team won after I left!? Connie made this day so much fun for all of us!



Sam and Mackenzie had a delightful time playing house together... much to his father's chargrin!
I think Sam's daddy was telling her that Sam couldn't play with dolls anymore...
Mackenzie said, "Baby eat!" Then she picked up her shirt and tried to stuff her baby under it... it was so cute... we were all cracking up!
I don't know why she looks so worried... but she's still so pretty!
It's great having grandparents at parties! Jake and I both got to play volleyball and I only had to stop because they had to leave...
We have thoroughly enjoyed our month in the "party house!" It was fun to end with one last bash! We moved all of our bedroom furniture over to my mom's house and set it up. Mackenzie will be sleeping in the washroom and we'll be in my brother's old room downstairs. We're going to stay here this week and then next week we'll move all of our clothes and food and stuff over. It's going to be a GREAT summer!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    I feel like I know you since I've been reading your blog for a while now. I found it through a friend's blog! I live in South Jersey and was wondering what church you attend. My husband and I have been looking for a new church and yours seems great!!! So many younger couples. The church we are involved with now is a great church, we love it, but there aren't many younger couples for us to connect with. If you could just pass along the information, that would be great!!

    Terri A.

    PS Your kids are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri... can you tell me what friend's blog you found me on? Thanks! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through my friend Lindsay's. She is friends with your friend Shana, whom I know from high school and from our brothers being friends when they were little. I also subbed in Shana's district before I found my teaching job. I feel like we're playing six degrees of separation! :)

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! I go to church with Shana ... so add that to our six degrees of seperation! Love to have you guys visit sometime! Can you add me to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! If you don't mind, you can email me your email address and I can then invite you to read our blog! It's jandtantunes@yahoo.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!