Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yep... still here...

We're into playdough now... it's a really good thing too because she'll sit and play playdough in her high chair for at least 20 mins.... long enough for me to blog or, in a few days, nurse a new born! I'm so glad we discovered this new joy! She looks frantic in this picture, but that's only because she was all done and I was making her wait to get down until I took her picture... she was frantically saying, "all done, all done!"




Last night I really thought might be "the night." I couldn't sleep because she was so active and I was having incredible pain in all the right places, but by 1 a.m. she settled down and the pain stopped and I was able to sleep. It felt like she was literally trying to hatch her way out of me! I think she's just as uncomfortable as I am!

So, I've hesitated to write anything about our house until it's all a done deal, but I can't hold back any longer! We have sold our house and have been house hunting all in the past week! We got a deposit from our buyer on Friday and went out looking for houses on Sat. We were completely discouraged by our trip on Sat, but when we looked again Monday night we found two homes that we fell in love with. We took my parents back to see them last night and they loved them both too! They like the one the best that we like the best (although Stephen has his own opinion, he likes the one by the pool the best of course!) and we all agreed the other one was probably too small for our growing family. They came back for brownies afterwards and we had fun discussing the potential of this amazing house! I'll post pictures when it's official... we have a long way to go before that though!



I have to write about how good God has been to us in this whole process. Last week I was a wreck with worry... I couldn't imagine moving in 5 weeks (we have until May 1st) with a newborn. I was really anxious about even the process of us finding a house together and agreeing on something. Instead of rejoicing in God's good timing, I was questioning His wisdom for our family. But God has surrounded us with people to care for our souls. Our caregroup prayed for us on Wed. night and by God's grace, so many of those prayers have already been answered! Jake's mom and I pray together every Thurs. and she's been so encouraging and she is such a prayer warrior! I shared with her how I was anxious just about Jake and I not agreeing on what's a priority in a home, and I know she's been praying for us because we've walked out of every single house with the exact same thoughts about it! Jake has prayed that we wouldn't look back on these next 6 weeks as the craziest and darkest time in our family and a time we'd want to forget, but a time that we would enjoy remembering God's goodness to us and a time we drew even closer as a couple. So far, so good... but I know that is a work of God's grace! We haven't added a new baby to the picture yet, and the sleepless nights that come with a new born, but I have so much more faith for that just seeing how much God has worked in the past week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!