Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Cruise From Angie's Camera

Just in case you were wondering...

Good thing we took our cruise already!

In Barbados we got dropped off at a place were you could walk to three different beaches and we were just wandering around wondering how to get to one of them and then we caught a glimpse of this down an alley way... BEAUTIFUL!


On our first day and we sat out in the direct sun for a few hours before walking 45 mins back to our ship... we learned a little after that day... it is worth it to pay for umbrellas and it isn't necessary to always pay for a cab. (especially when you're on a cruise and you literally don't feel a twinge of hunger for an entire week... it felt good to get a little exercise!)




So on Barbados we burned the first day, St. Lucia was the second day and we did a bus tour to stay out of the sun. The third day we were at Antigua and we got these cool beach umbrella things! I know, I know... I have a double chin in this picture... but give me a little grace.... we were on the cruise... I'm doing my chin lifts every day now... what?? I swear!




And my mom worried if Jeff ate... I think this was her 4th cone of the day! They had free soft serve ice cream by the pool and we'd come back on the boat, grab some food and a cone and a seat and continue our relaxing until dinner time.


St. Maartin was probably my favorite island!


They had these steel bands at every port... this woman was cracking us up! She had one too many rum samples and was dancing with the band members.



Finally talking to the girls!



Snorkeling on St. Maartin!


Our husbands are so wonderful to us! They paid for us to get beach side massages with real Aloe Vera plant squeezed right onto our backs and shoulders! Our sunburn felt completely healed and we never did peel!


Jeff and Angie doing the salsa dance that they had learned the night before. Jake and I tried taking the lessons with them... but that ended up being a big mistake! Boettchers just don't have rhythm... Jeff lucked out and married a beautiful PuertoRican princess who could make anyone dance on beat... me... not so much! Love you Honey!


The only food we felt that we had to buy off the ship were these amazing crepes made on St. Maartin! Jake experienced Nutella for the first time in his life and now I know how to make my husband VERY happy!


The ship was so big, that even for this far back I still couldn't fit in the first and last letters! If I took another step backwards I would have fallen off the dock!


Our legendary game of Spades... legendary because Jake and I are so bad at it! It all comes back to the 6 of Spades... I shouldn't have played so nice in the beginning... I had to opportunity to crush and I played with mercy... haha, that same mercy was never returned to us!

Great, great memories made! So glad we went! Would do it again in a heart beat... but will probably have to wait about another 20 years or so!

1 comment:

  1. Your commentary is a hoot!!Love the pictures too:) So glad the Lord gave you the trip of a lifetime!!!
    Love,
    kathi

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!