Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Laughing!

It was Mackenzie's idea to make a cake for daddy the other day. She really wanted to make him a Happy Birthday cake and was devastated when I didn't put candles on it. It didn't matter, she still insisted that we sing Happy Birthday to him before we could eat the cake! Here she is "helping me"... She did all the sprinkles herself!

Mommom gave her the game Elefun for Christmas! She has the most fun just sorting the butterflies by color... of course the preschool teacher in me is doing back-flips! My baby is so smart!!

She is officially in a "big girl bed!" And she has been so obedient about staying in it. She hasn't gotten out once! Just this morning I heard her and I went in to get her and she was sitting on the edge kicking her feet and waiting for me! I'm so proud of her for being obedient!!

On Sunday we went to Liv's one-year-old Belle-themed birthday party! Happy Birthday Liv!
Now about our little Aubrey... she has been so sick. We had the throw up bug last week, everyone got over it in about 8 hrs. but not Aubrey. It lasted for 4 days for her. She basically hasn't been eating or sleeping well for over two weeks. I took her to the dr. last week to check for an ear infection, but she was fine. She only continued to get worse so I took her back last night and by that point she had a double ear infection, RSV, and bronculitis! Now she is on amoxicillian for the ear infection and a nebulizer three times a day for the bronculitis. As far as I understand, RSV is a virus that is just like a bad cold for adults but is dangerous for babies because of what it can turn into other things... like bronchitis and pneumonia. We caught it before it got that bad, but she did get bronculitis which is a narrowing of the small airways in the lungs. Now this is all medical and I could be messing it all up, but that is what I understood from the doctor last night. She is on breathing treatments three times a day for four days and on the amoxicillian for 10 days. She is finally starting to act a little happier today... she has been so out of sorts for like two weeks now!


Snapshots of life at the moment:
Potty training a toddler while nursing an infant... yes, you can in fact get the toddler on the toilet without taking the nursing baby off!
Mackenzie sprawled on the kitchen floor saying, "Oh dear, oh dear, I fell down and broke my crown!"
As Dr. Murphy was giving me the diagnosis for Aubrey yesterday, Mackenzie had to go potty really bad... for the second time since we'd been there! I had to take her, the potty seat, and Aubrey into the bathroom at the drs office, get her up on the pot, not let go of Aubrey, get her cleaned up and clothes back on, still hold onto to screaming Aubrey, and get back to the poor waiting doctor as fast as I could... only to get back in the room and hear this diagnosis, learn how I am supposed to treat it, and hear from my little girl that she did indeed need to go potty AGAIN!! Of course this time when we actually got there she didn't really have to go...
The Tale of The Shower: I put Aubrey in the shower with me so she could breath in the steam, I figured it couldn't hurt. Mackenzie who was happy to watch a movie before I got in the shower then decided that she needed to go potty. No big deal. Well, then she decided that her nose needed to be wiped and she used the rest of the roll of toilet paper to wipe her nose. While I'm in the shower telling her that she needs to stop and her nose is all clean, Aubrey falls over and bumps her head. I pick Aubrey up only to hear Mackenzie say, "I come in too, Mommy?" Sure, why not? So now I have a toddler who can't quite get her clothes off all by herself needing help right outside the curtain and an infant clinging to me and not letting me go for anything. I finally get Mackenzie in and she decides that she needs to go to the potty... again... So now there is a soaking wet toddler walking around the bathroom slipping and sliding, a very unhappy baby in my arms, and my hair is still covered in conditioner! I felt really overwhelmed, but then I felt the Lord say from Pro. 31, "'And she laughs at the days to come'... but Julie, you can laugh right now!!" And I did... I chose to give up my agenda of shaved legs and embrace this hysterical predicament! I got out, got Aubrey out, got Aubrey dressed, got Kenzie clean, got Kenzie dressed, got Aubrey breakfast, got Kenzie breakfast only to hear her say, "Mommy, you need to get dressed!" Oh yea, cuz I've just been lounging all day........................

1 comment:

  1. Too funny,Julie. Welcome to the wild, wacky days of mothering :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!