Friday, November 20, 2009

Some More Good Quotes:

We had Kenny and Naomi over this past Sunday and Aubrey and Ava really enjoyed playing together!
Some conversations from around our house:

Mackenzie: "Mommy, I share with Aubrey!"
Mommy: "Mackenzie, thank you for sharing, but peanut butter is only for big girls!"


Mackenzie: "Mommy I need lots of wipeys for my baby, she's all messy."
Mommy: "Mackenzie, you may only have one. [ insert lots of whining here] Wipes cost money and Daddy works hard for our money. We don't want to waste Daddy's money."
Mackenzie: (throwing the box of wipes over her shoulder and running out of the room) "I waste Daddy's money! I waste Daddy's money!"

Mackenzie: (Laying on the floor obviously pouting), "Mommy, I'm having a sad day."
Mommy: "Why is your day sad, Sweetie?"
Mackenzie: "Because you said one wipey and I sad I no have two wipeys. You make me sad Mommy."

(Tough life, isn't it?)

Aubrey doesn't have quotes yet, but she's been busy becoming an accomplished eater and crawler. She eats all sorts of baby food now and I'm very proud of myself that I haven't opened one jar of food for her yet, it's all been home made! She is so close to being an expert crawler, right now she can get anywhere she wants and can even do one full crawling motion before she falls. She'll definitely have the hang of it by Thanksgiving!
I wanted to share one quote that my friend Julia sent me today. She sent me a whole bunch of quotes on anger and discontentment... both things that have been a battle as of late, but this one really jumped out at me:

"I know I've failed to be the kind of mother He wants me to be, and that is why I need a Savior, and that is why my child needs one too. Thank you, Lord, that you've given me your perfect record, and even though I sin, I am accounted perfectly righteous before you. Please forgive me and help me to respond to this great gift you've given me in faith and obedience. I trust you to work in me."
- Because He Love Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick


1 comment:

  1. Julie- the quote from Mackenzie was HILARIOUS- "I waste Daddy's money!" Man. I seriously laughed so hard when I read that. I have been trying to explain to Grace why she can't have baby wipes. It's hard to explain. The best I've done is give her a baby washcloth and tell her to pretend. It works...sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!