Friday, November 13, 2009

My Funniest Blog Ever... read all the way thru till the end!

On Tues. we got to go to a water park for FREE! They are running a promotion this week and next week Mon-Thur. get there before five and get in for free! So we went and met the Finn's there. It really wasn't a baby friendly place, very loud and cold once you got wet. But our two perfect little babies had fun splashing each other in the pool anyway!


Liv got mad when Jamie wouldn't let her bite Aubrey =)




Yea, none of the kids would actually look at the camera, but do you know complicated it is to have a camera in a pool with three babies... two that can barely sit up and one that constantly runs away from you?? It's a miracle no one drowned and the camera didn't drop in the water!



Yesterday I trekked over to Mommom's for more sewing lessons and "we" made a duvet cover for my bed.


Lianna and Timmy was a HUGE help with Aubrey... I didn't even do anything for her except nurse her! Lianna took care of feeding her her baby food and changing her diapers and putting her to sleep! Melanie and Aunt Robin babysat Mackenzie over at their house so I could be undistracted and it was a very nice, and much needed, break!



I'm reading this book called, "Womanly Dominion" with my mom and sisters and we're meeting once a month to discuss it. Last night I read: "A mother is handling things for great magnitude. She is handling never-dying souls. She's daily conducting heart surgery on eternal spirits whose forever destinies are influenced most profoundly by the hands that rock their cradles, wipe their noses, spank their fannies, open their Bibles, prepare their after-school snacks, and turn off their bedroom lights. Those motherly hands are molding characters which will become men and women who will turn the world upside down either for good or for evil. Now that's a job that counts!"


If the concept that I'm handling never-dying souls isn't enough to fuel my passion for this season of wiping noses, changing diapers, constantly making food, cleaning up the mess the food made, getting poop stains out of clothes, and picking up toys... surely this quote is: "There she [the mother] sits exhausted on the edge of her bed, her face in her hands, wondering, 'Where's the glory in this?' She needs something more empowering to keep her going. She needs to gain and maintain the deep conviction of the glory, honor, and nobility of selfless service. This she finds at the foot of the cross, looking up to the One who earned for Himself 'the name above every name' (Phil.2:9), by 'emptying Himself, taking the form of a bond servant' (2:7), humbling 'Himself by becoming obedient even to the point of death, even death on a cross.' There she beholds her Savior who mopped up the damning vomit of her own sin with the precious sponge of His perfect life and atoning death. The love of Christ constrains and compels her to press on (2 Cor. 5:14). The Spirit of Christ empowers her."

I'm loving this book and feeling newly empowered for this season... there is so much more I want to quote, but that seems to be what God is impressing most on my heart at this moment!
Addendum: Ok... NO LIE... as soon as I turn around after writing all that stuff about motherhood and feeling newly empowered... I turn around to find this on the floor!!

God sure has a sense of humor about timing! Did I mention we are potty training?

4 comments:

  1. EWWWW!!! Julie that is hysterical...he gives us just what we need , when we need it and the Lord knew you would be picking up a pile of poop after reading those empowering words....tooo funny!! One day mackenzie with be diaper free....really!
    Blessings,
    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed, I cried, I said holy cow is that POOP?! hee hee hee Tks for this inspiring-on-so-many-levels post, Jul. Guess I better start reading my copy of Womanly Dominion. I cd use the empowerment as well as the encouragement... ttfn mb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'd call that "Funniest Blog Ever" - I might call it "Most Disgusting Blog Ever" - that is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Thanks for posting those quotes from the Mark Chansky book!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!