Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

As tradition would have it, we cut down our Christmas tree last Saturday.
"We want this one!"

It's all fun and games until someone tells you you can't have your own tree....

We settled on this one, but when we got it in the stand at home, we were shocked to see what a gem it was! It's the best shaped tree we've ever had!

My entire family mocked Jake as he pulled out his power tools to do the job. Notice my dad timing Jake to see how long it took him with his tools so he could compete with his old trusty hand saw. My dad won, but it wasn't really a fair competition because Jake's battery was low!



Andy and Brittany's first Christmas together!


Amy and Andrew settled on a tree that he lovingly named, "The Swirling Tornado or Passion," because of all the twisty branches on it. When they got it home, they realized that the entire trunk was slanted so it is now fully decorated and leaning against their window because they can't get it straight in the stand!


We got a special book to read that night about Jesus' birthday!

The girls were such huge helps with the decorating!

Aubrey's contribution... all the bows on the bottom of the tree!

Our fully "re"decorated tree... after our little helpers where asleep!


So, today was one of the best days of my life! My mom babysat while my dad took me out for breakfast. We had such a great time and talked for 2 hours easy! Then he babysat all afternoon while my mom and I finished up our Christmas shopping. We had such a great time together and we shop exactly a like... easily distracted and looking for a million things at once, but somehow in the end it all gets done! So much easier to shop like this when you're not distracted by little ones pulling everything off the shelves! It was an awesome day and I just wanted to write about how grateful I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!