Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camping

We went on a camping trip with our church from Sunday to Tuesday night. It was an adventure, that's for sure! I would have to say it was more work than I expected, but there were some really great moments with the girls and they had a blast with their friends!


Mackenzie really enjoyed hanging out with the older girls, here she is with our friend Hannah.









These boys were so adorable I just had to take their picture... I love how Ezra can hang out with kids years older than him and how well they include him!




Doesn't Stephen look like a teenager now?


Andy made steak over a wood fire for my parents and the Yoder famiy one night... I think he won over their entire family with his steak!


Love these sisters!





When they finally fell asleep...





My gorgeous lover!


There she goes... she loved pushing her stroller up and down the hill!


Getting cuddles from Memom


And treats...

Look at that happy smile!


I wouldn't say that camping was a success or if I could do it over, I would even go... but we lived through it and learned a lot. We do want to do it again in the future (next year might be too soon though). As our friend put it, going on a cruise with your spouse if FUN, going camping with your kids has moments of fun... and that is what I will try to remember, those precious (few!) moments!

3 comments:

  1. I read this blog with the biggest smile on my face...only because you described what I imagine camping to be. I'm guessing as they get older, it will get easier...but right now, it's so much work. Glad you had a couple of redeeming moments - can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go for even attempting it Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a week or two, it doesn't seem that bad anymore, right? I bet, like childbirth, you forget all the pain year to year! hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!