Monday, March 22, 2010

Completely Done!








God has been teaching me a lot recently about why I do what I do. It can be discouraging to sweep a floor only to have it covered in crumbs a few minutes later. Same for diapers, laundry, unmade beds, dirty carpets, etc. Having two little ones who und0 what I do all day can tempt me to feel like, "What's the point?"

But God is kind and I am encouraged by two things right now:

1) God has reminded me that I'm not doing this for the results, but I'm doing this to glorify Him in the moment. It is glorifying to my Heavenly Father for me to wipe their bottoms, clean their faces, make them meals, clean up their toys, and train them to honor their parents. It's not about me doing X and Y to get Z... I'm doing X and Y because it glorifies God for me to do it, not because I am guaranteed clean and respectful children.


2) Only God can and has accomplished what He set out to do. I was listening to this song today called, "Completely Done" and the chorus goes like this: The old is gone, The new has come, What you complete, Is completely done, We're heirs with Christ, The victory won, What you complete, Is completely done!

My to do list for the day will never be completely done. But God's to do list for me has already been completed! He has saved me and I am completely forgiven... that is something that can never be undone!

Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. Julie that was SO encouraging! Both you and Shana have excellent posts about motherhood (your most recent posts). I really needed that reminder about the to-do list thing! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!