Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving at Mommom's

On Saturday we went to my Mommom's house for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner... and I'll tell you what, with all these in-laws our families have been gaining these past few years, the dinner keeps getting better and better! Emily made to die for bread that everyone fought over and Katie made delish apple bars and Angie made her famous pound cake! We've come a long way from steamed squash and greasy mashed potatoes! Besides the new food these wonder girls have added, they are all so much fun! I love how each of my cousins is so adored and love seeing my brother and sister so well taken care of... there is much to be thankful for this year!

Number One reason to be thankful for though is Emily's pregnancy!! Finally someone else for the "Four Littles" to dote over... selfish, I know... even someone else's baby is all about me! But we really are excited for Ben and Em to join us as new parents at these functions! They are going to be wonderful parents together... I can't wait to learn from them!

All the men congragate in front of the football game as usual...


We spent some time as a family praying for Jeff's health. The very next morning he went to the ER with a lot of pain. He had a CAT scan and it is showing that the infection that is in his intestines is still there and spreading, he will need surgery, it's just a matter of deciding if the time for that is now or if they can wait a little longer. He is going to stay in the hospital the rest of the week because they are trying to get some weight back on him. He hasn't been absorbing any nutrients... even with all of the work Angie has been doing for him with the juicing... and has lost 40 lbs. since March. The doc said they can't even talk about surgery until Jeff gains more weight. Anyway, this picture means a lot to me... I'm so grateful for my family... what a blessing to know everyone here has a personal relationship with Jesus!


Here are some adorable pictures of Aubrey from Thanksgiving....

This is the cute face she makes when the camera comes out...





Uncle Matt... Aubrey was working on widdling down his "10-year-plan" of no kids...


Some cute pictures of the sisters from the other morning...


As if Aubrey wasn't smiling enough, her big sister decided to help her...


"Say Cheese, Aubrey!"


"Thanks, Mom, you saved my life... my big sister almost killed me!"

On a much more tragic note, I dropped my brand new phone in the toilet this morning! Mackenzie had an accident and I was talking to Jamie and had it on my shoulder while I put Kenzie on the potty, only to have it slide of and into the toilet bowl! I pulled it out right away and threw all three of the kids (I have David today) into the car (never left the house so fast before) crying all the way to the phone store praying they could get it to work. They told me to stick it in a bag of rice and that would absorb the moisture and then I can just hope for the best... so will you join me in praying for my brother and praying for my phone?? If you don't have that many spare prayers, make my brother the priority, but if you have any leftovers... can you please send them up for my phone? I'm not usually attached to stuff, but this was an iphone that we got at a bargain price... I didn't need it, but Jake's heart was to bless me with it and it was amazing... it had everything on it... all my contacts, grocery list, Christmas list, email, music, games, pictures... stuff that is on my computer or scattered on scraps of paper but was all of a sudden conveniently contained in my pocket... until this morning at 9:57! I didn't get angry at Mackenzie (it wasn't her fault at all) and Jake didn't get angry at me (I didn't think he'd yell at me, but I know he was so excited about blessing me with it I hated to disappoint him) when I called him from a friend's house... but I am really heart broken about it... and I'm so hoping it will work again. I'm supposed to wait 2 days... I guess that is so I can pray really hard??

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!