Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Moving in and Making Progress!!

We had so many wonderful guys help us move in on Friday night! We got to the Lockhart's at 6, at pizza and started loading the truck up by 6:30. We didn't get to our new house until 9 and it was pretty much unloaded by 10. Every single person worked so hard! Anthony did an amazing job putting everything in the truck together, he made it all fit like a puzzle!
Stephen, Noah, and Micah really were a big help! They were great at carrying the little boxes and lighter things... and I had so many little boxes they were busier than anyone!

Here is the prettiest mover...


We got eight pizzas... I kinda over ordered by three!!


My dad worked so hard helping us get it all loaded up!


The next four pictures are what our house looked like when we went to bed on Friday night... it was really overwhelming!!









We put together our bed and the fell into it and were immediately asleep!

Sherie and Nancy came the next morning and unpacked my entire kitchen! I would still be undoing boxes if it wasn't for them!

Here are some "after" pictures... still a work in progress!!
The kitchen looking into the family room...

Looking into the kitchen from the family room....


The girls room...


We're still deciding what to do about the trains that run along the top of this room. I want to make this a really pretty room and the trains just aren't working for me... but I don't think we'll can them all together...


Our room is small, but it fits our three pieces of furniture just right! Notice the flat screen t.v. they left for us!


Our living room is really coming together...


We've had lots of visitors... here is Aubrey playing with her friend Liv who came over yesterday!


Mommom and Poppop came over yesterday too!


And this is a picture of our first night in our house eating the wonderful dinner that my friend, Shana, made us! Bree and Jul were here all day... literally 10-6 helping me with Aubrey and unpacking! They can walk to our house and they wanted to stay all day and help... they made me feel like I was doing THEM the favor by putting them to work! I'm so glad we're neighbor's with them; I'm so glad my girls will get to see another set of sister's who love each other and their parents and the Lord.
Ok... so you have no idea how much procrastination is going on right now while I'm writing this... that spare room you saw covered in bags still looks like that... YIKES!! I gotta get to work!!

4 comments:

  1. Its lookin good Jul. Can'y wait to see it again tomorrow.

    P.S. You've inspired me to start my own blog to keep people updated on our home buying process.

    http://thevsnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled for you Julie--it's beautiful!!...happy nesting :)!!!
    Love,Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing a fab job getting stuff put away and way-to-serve, Nancy and Sherri for helping w/the kitchen!! Some of the single women put mine together and I was sooo grateful--8 yrs later and I still have things in the same cupboards. :- )
    Enjoy your new home--can't wait to see it (and you and girls). ttfn, mb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie- So neat to see all your pictures. I really can't get over that kitchen border. How neat to read that after all those prayers! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a sinner saved by grace and I married my best friend, Jake, in May 2005! God has blessed us with three adorable little girls that we get to raise together in a beautiful home in the most charming neighborhood in America! They are a joy to raise and continually make us aware of our need for a Savior! We are thankful the Lord did not leave us in our sin, but sent His Son Jesus to die in our place, bearing the just wrath of God that we deserved, and giving to us Christ's righteousness instead. Through His grace and forgiveness, we now are free to love Him who saved us and to extend the mercy we've been shown to each other. We pray our little ones will come to know Christ and that we will be faithful to proclaim the good news of Jesus to them not only with our words, but with our actions and our interactions with each other. So please enjoy reading about the Moon family, we're so glad you stopped by!